BUT, before I get started on that, let me just post my favorite pin of the week from pinterest...it's my second favorite season, afterall, which in its own way is just wonderful because it is the prelude to my favorite season.
SO, while I sit here and enjoy my coffee with pumpkin spice creamer (not quite the same, but it will suffice), here's the Friday Five...
1) I discovered this week that Sally Clarkson blogs HERE at I Take Joy. She posted an excellent article this week, entitled The Kingdom of Home (click to read). Here's a small excerpt to whet your appetite...
When I began to understand that the best and most lasting "work" I would ever do, was to build little souls, in my own home, for the kingdom of God, it gave me grand scope for my life. Understanding that I would be responsible for accepting them into my arms and their very health from feeding at my breasts; to emotional well-being by attaching deeply to me as an infant; or stimulating their brains by talking with them, touching them, snuggling them and predisposing them to know the love of God by building pathways in their brain formation of love, acceptance, words of life, affection were the beginnings to my understanding of just how profound God had created the role of a mother to be.
2) My friend, Brite, over at Redefining Normal (click) posted about these super-cute and FREE printable notecards:
click HERE to go directly to the site to print some
(and don't be surprised if you get one of these from me soon...I'm desperately overdue in writing some thank you notes right now.)
3) It will be interesting to see if I can EVER get through a Friday Five post without including something having to do with food... This "Lazy Sunday (roasted) Casserole" looks intriguing so I may be making it sometime this weekend or next...
click HERE to go to the recipe
4) Just this morning, there is a great article over at Passionate Homemaking (click) titled "Simple Toddler Learning Activities." This is a great compilation of fun things to do with your toddler, requiring basic supplies that you either already have or can get very inexpensively. Check out the post HERE.
5) click HERE to go to Family Circle magazine's website for a short slideshow of some fun things to do with gourds this Fall season...here's my favorite:
Alrighty -- there ya have it! Any thoughts? Should I continue the Five on Friday??? Have a great weekend!