This recipe comes courtesy of dear friends who might as well be family. This is SO easy and it is perfect for Sunday lunch after church, or putting in the crockpot if you're home from work at lunchtime to be ready for dinnertime. It's a flexible recipe, which I like, because you can add or take away from it to suit your taste.
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey....) browned and drained (I like to add onion, salt and pepper, garlic, and italian seasonings while I'm cooking it. But, you could do meatless if you wanted. The meat can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated until you're ready to put everything in the crockpot.)
- 1 box bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (or 1 very large jar)
- 1 large container cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 3-4 cups shredded mozarella cheese
- grated/shredded parmesan cheese
You will be making layers in the CP, so depending on the shape, you may want to do 2 or 3 layers. This is the order...
- bowtie noodles
- cottage cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- I sprinkle the very top layer with some parsley for color.
Cook on LOW for about 4-5 hours, depending on how quickly your CP cooks. As you can see from the picture, mine cooks quickly, so 4.5 hours was a little too long and the edges burned.