11.29.2011

Tuesday Tips: Decorating with what you have... (and a link-up!)

The Christmas decorating has commenced around here, and I'm mostly done, save for a few finishing touches here and there. I've spent a lot of time looking around on Pinterest for decorating ideas, and knew that I had to do this one, especially since I have the exact plate that is used (a silver charger, or any other plate would work also!).


I was going from memory, and so mine is a bit different. Like I said, I have this plate, and then I used the scrabble pieces, and put the extras beneath, a few branches from the Christmas tree, and a couple of ornaments (and a few small pine cones that I will pick up next time I am out shopping) and tada!


I loved that I was able to create this with things that I already had in my home...and things that I would not think of using in my Christmas decorating!!! Here's a few of our other decorations...

(our main table, with Jesse Tree in the background)

(This photo album holds all of our Christmas Card pictures from friends since the first year we were married. It's so fun to look back through it each year.)

(Dining Room table...the bowls have since been filled with a white pillar candle in the center and red berries surrounding the candle inside the bowl.
Recognize those napkins from my yard sale post???)

(Dining Room Buffet)

(Living room coffee table...
with the decor that C is allowed to play with.)

(The piano)

Please share your Christmas decorations with us using the link-up below!! I don't have a button (yet), but if you would be so kind as to link back to my blog, I'd appreciate it. And, if you visit other bloggers, I'm sure they'd like to know you were there and how you found them. :-) Let the Christmas-ing begin! :-)


linking up with Teach Me Tuesdays, and Women Living Well Wednesdays



3 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

I never get tired of seeing other people's Christmas decorations! Using the Scrabble tiles is a genius idea. :-)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Your decorations look great! I love the idea of using scrabble pieces as Christmas decorations. So creative

Enter to win $150 worth of jewelry from JewelMint!

Jake and Rachel said...

My mom is going to come over and help me decorate :) I am excited!! I will try to put up some pics as soon as it is all done :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...