2.15.2013

Vday recap (aka the one where she gushes about her husband)...

I think this post wins the award for longest title ever, don't you?

I really shouldn't be blogging....I should be unloading the dishwasher, switching out loads of laundry, making a menu and grocery list, straightening up the house....etc, etc.

But I have 4 or 5 posts rattling around in my head right now and it's killing me to not be able to write them.  That, and I've read everyone else's V-day posts and really, yesterday just left me feeling exceptionally blessed and thankful.  Sometimes we go through what I call "dry spells" (or at least I do) where I almost don't feel any emotion towards anyone because I'm having such inner struggling with my own sin and in my relationship with the Lord and His calling in my life.  I'm thankful for days like yesterday to snap me back to reality and in small ways remind me of just how greatly blessed I am.

I grew up having family dinners for Valentine's Day where we spent the day preparing and decorating and making cards and it was a special evening to spend together as a family.  That continued up until I left home to get married, and it was especially nice during my teen years as I was freed of the pressure of dating and wondering if anyone would be getting me flowers, etc.  It was nice to just focus on family.  I hope to continue that tradition for my daughter too.  We spent the afternoon getting our table set and cards/gifts made/decorated.


We ate by mostly candlelight, with a little bit of light from the overhead chandelier, and the last remaining bits of daylight.  


Since it was a weeknight, I cooked, but my husband is bringing home pizza tonight and he plans to make a special dinner tomorrow night as a late V-day celebration.  So I get the next two nights off. :-)  
Our menu was:

Tossed Salad
Broccoli


Definitely NOT the healthiest of meals, and NOT how we eat everyday, but it was all very yummy and I was thankful that all four of the new recipes I was trying turned out great!  The breadsticks are a KEEPER and I will definitely be making them again.

My husband spoils his girls (not complaining!) and he brought home a single pink rose for C and a mylar balloon which is currently in her room while she naps.


He created a personalized gift for her online and filled it with her favorite candy...it was as much a surprise to me as it was to her.


I am enjoying a beautiful bouquet of roses, which even included two stems of eucalyptus, my absolute favorite! 



And, the man searched high and low over the world wide web to find this for me...


...because he knows I've been coveting admiring my friend's for quite some time now.  He goes out of his way to make us feel loved and appreciated all year long, but he also goes above and beyond on this special day when we can stop and recognize just how blessed we truly are.  I'm thankful that through the ups and downs, he is still my best friend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...