2.16.2013

My windowsill garden...

I'm so looking forward to gardening again this year...as I write this post, I've pulled a muscle in my back (for the second time in less than 2 weeks) and I can't imagine hoeing or pulling weeds right now, but I'm looking forward to it, just the same.  I'm so thankful for the way that God has created our bodies to heal themselves a large percentage of the time.  It's easy to lose sight of that, but when you have to explain EVERYTHING to a 3 year old, you realize just how much you really take for granted.

Until I can get outside to grow things, I've been making use of my kitchen windowsill, some water, and the parts of the produce that I would normally throw away.....

I saw this on a friend's blog, and HAD to try it for myself.

This is 24 hours after I cut the lettuce and put it in water...it was a straight cut across the top...

I placed the lettuce in the water on January 31...this picture was taken on February 2.

February 4

A friend mentioned you could do the same with celery, so I started some on February 5

February 16

February 16

This is crazy easy...all I did was place the pieces that you see in a plastic bowl of water.  I change the water every few days to keep it from getting moldy....  I can't wait to try some of this fresh windowsill produce!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...