1.25.2013

Errant Thought Roundup...

A blog that I recently discovered and have enjoyed,  occasionally has a post entitled Errant Thought Roundup...  It's a nice little way to post about a lot of somethings when you have nothing to post about... or just need some inspiration.  I tend to either have LOTS of things to post about or NOTHING to post about. Right now I'm somewhere in the middle, but since it's a busy week and I'm finding myself with a quiet evening to myself, I'm actually writing all THREE of my posts for this week ahead of time...and this is one that I'm choosing...  So, here goes...

I love, I love, I hate, I hate,
I like, I wish, for goodness sake...
I hope, I hope, I pray, I pray,
I will, I won't, and for today...

I LOVE that my daughter is already learning to appreciate God's beautiful creation and she is quick to point out to us a beautiful sunset or sunrise.  She loves to take pictures of creation and I can only wonder what God has planned for her life.  

I LOVE to do laundry.  Yeah....no lie.  I really, really enjoy it.  I'm not sure exactly what it is about it that I love, but I really like the whole process.  The only thing about it that I'm not crazy about is putting all of the clothes away, but I like sorting, switching out the loads, hanging it up, folding it, and even ironing it.  Call me crazy, but I consider it a gift!  It was a blessing when I worked for a family with seven children!

I HATE the sound of other people chewing, swallowing, or eating loudly.  CAN'T. STAND. IT.  If I'm eating too (like around the table for a meal), I don't notice other people above the sound of myself eating, but if someone else is eating in a room with me and it's otherwise quiet....I will go NUTS if I have to listen to them.  I will leave the room, turn on music, ANYTHING to drown out the noise.  And don't even get me started on people crunching ice or eating jelly beans, which, yes, I myself also do...   (you will all be self-conscious around me now, won't you?)  Also can't stand slurping.

I HATE that I can't censor or filter facebook.  I'm just scrolling along seeing what everybody's up to and suddenly BAM!  There's an image I won't be able to get out of my head or my dreams for the next few days, bringing with it a torrent of emotions previously dealt with and put away.  And yes, I realize that there are points to be made and political battles to be fought and the whole world should not be expected to change due to my sensitivity and personal history, but that's where I'd like a filter...where I could adjust my personal settings to block out certain images/posts.  But...I'm sure I have posted things that someone else found hard to deal with, so I will just pray for grace...more grace...grace upon grace.

I LIKE having ONE TV show to look forward to watching and anticipating...and only one.  I am not much of a TV watcher, but I'm hopelessly hooked on Downton Abbey, and this is the first season that I'm watching as it airs on TV.  The others I've been behind on and have had to watch on dvd.  Having a show to look forward to on Sunday night feels like a nice end to one week and beginning to another new week in some crazy way.  

I WISH that I could slow down time and truly enjoy every single moment that I've been given with my precious daughter.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE...take some time each day to step-away from the technology that surrounds us and just enjoy those things that we far too easily pass by in our quest for efficiency.

I HOPE that we get at least one good snowfall before this winter is over. I mean really....just one good snowfall to do some sledding, make a snowman, have a snowball fight, and what C keeps talking about...catch some snowflakes on my tongue!

I HOPE that you all are not bored with this post and that you're actually finding some little part of this interesting...  (am I done yet?)

I PRAY that God continues to work in the heart of my little girl and that she will one day truly understand her desperate need for a Savior and that He uses my mistakes and shortcomings to show her HIS grace through me.  

I PRAY that I can be a blessing to those around me this week.  So often I feel like those closest to me (you know, the ones that see me first thing in the morning and last thing at night) are not being blessed by me like others who are NOT as close...and that is not right.  

I WILL choose joy, by His grace and for His glory...every day that I am blessed to serve.

I WON'T give up coffee and creamer, no matter how hard I have to work to burn calories.  (famous last words.)

AND FOR TODAY.....I'm thankful for grace...grace that is greater than ALL my sin.

Okay done.  Have a great weekend -- see you next week!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Cute post idea Mandi! Might have to try it sometime :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...