5.18.2012

May 16th, 17th, and 18th: Randomosity...

Forgive me, folks.  I just haven't taken the time to post these last few days.  I attribute this to lack of desire to spend too much time at my computer, warm temperatures making it really FEEL like summer so I gravitate towards summer activities (usually involving water!), the realization that my little girl is growing quickly and I'll have plenty of time to blog when she's grown and gone, very few "must-do's" this week allowing me to spend more time doing fun things with said little girl, and then I had to go and read these articles:


So...my already in place commitment to staying off the computer during her awake hours became an even more firm commitment...and I started caring less about my phone.  I mean, we did survive before cell phones and texting after all.  I'm just kind of over it all.  Not to say that I don't appreciate technology...I am posting this on my BLOG afterall, but our need to be "plugged in" all the time has just became exhausting for me and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a sick feeling in my stomach.  So...if you e-mail, facebook, text, or call me and I don't respond right away...don't worry...I'm probably just playing with my daughter while I can! :-)

So, for the sake of the grandmothers, I will give you a glimpse of our week...

*Monday - at home all day, laundry, recovering from the weekend, gearing up for the week

*Tuesday - met friends at the aquarium (hundreds of school kids there AGAIN!), stayed to play in the fountains outside for about an hour afterwards and shared our popcorn with the birds. C helped me make a new mexican dish for dinner and we made some fresh salsa that was quite tasty! worked in the garden in the evening...pulling weeds after all that rain.  C was happy to break out her new gloves and spray bottle.  G had session meeting in evening, so C went to bed early and I enjoyed reading in bed for a few hours before I crashed.

*Wednesday - woke up feeling HORRIBLE (thank you allergies!) and finally resigned myself to take some meds and then felt much better (apart from being a little lightheaded).  Made it to the last meeting of Bible Study and a brunch with those ladies - love them!  Home in time to get some lunch for C, visit with G while he ate, and then a guy showed up to do some work at our house.  C helped me finish making a new dish for dinner (EPIPHONY!  Cooking as much of our dinner as possible earlier in the day allows me to cook at a cooler time of day, and allows me plenty of time to have C help me without feeling pushed to get it ready.  And we ALL know that kiddos get a little cranky the later the day gets...WHY haven't I thought about this before?!?), and then she went down for her nap.  Worked on some church stuff on the computer, checked e-mail/blogs, etc.  Played with her after nap while guy finished up his work, played outside for a bit, dinner, and spent some time enjoying the cool evening outside.

*Thursday - Running errands and researching a new cell phone/provider (ironic, I know), lunch with G at CFA, more errands...discovered we have a SWEET FROG's now...stopped for frozen yogurt, OF COURSE.  (I'm kind of a frozen yogurt junkie...sort of.  TCBY was my fave!)  On the way home, made a last minute decision to swim at a friend's pool for a bit, leftovers for dinner.

*Friday - Cleaning, Mowing, Gardening.  C's napping, I'm wrapping up some computer stuff, need to exercise.  Dinner with friends tonight and more swimming.  The weekend is full and I'll try to snap some photos to share next week to journal our events.

Here's a few pics I've collected this week - used my phone more than the camera, pardon the poor quality.

making some mexican

strawberry frozen yogurt

this little guy was hanging out on our window and we enjoyed watching him for a bit


painting on Wednesday


Perseverance

"Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do,
and help them especially to run with perseverance the race
marked out for them."

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..."
Hebrews 12:1

The days I've missed can be found here.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...