1.18.2012

Breakfast Quiche

I've been planning to share this recipe with you for several weeks, and I'm finally getting around to posting it. Some time ago, I signed up for a special offer to receive a cookbook in the mail with recipes from Jiffy (the baking mix company). There are actually quite a few good recipes in this little booklet, and can still be used even if you make your own baking mix (or purchase a brand OTHER than Jiffy...like me).

Breakfast Quiche (printable version)

1/2 cup buttermilk biscuit or baking mix
1 cup cooked ham, diced or bacon, crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
2 cups milk
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" pie plate.
Mix together ham or bacon, cheese and onion flakes, and layer into prepared pan. Blend baking mix, milk, pepper, salt, and eggs. Pour blended mixture into pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

It's delish! I've made it with sausage, also.

So, fast forward and I have a whole bag of spinach that needs to be used ASAP due to an abundance of salad in my house over the last couple of weeks. I was looking around online today to find a crust-less quiche recipe and found this one that looked promising. As I was cooking the spinach, I decided to modify the recipe a bit and combine it with the Jiffy recipe to make this:


So, here's my recipe for this:

Spinach-Bacon Quiche

1 tbsp. butter
1 onion, chopped
1 (10oz) package fresh spinach, washed
5 eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup baking mix
2 cups milk
8 slices turkey bacon

In a large pan, melt butter and saute onion until translucent but not brown. Add spinach and cook over low heat until wilted. Chop bacon into small pieces and fry, or cook and then crumble. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, baking mix, milk, salt, and pepper. In 2qt. baking dish (greased), combine spinach/onion mixture, cheese, and bacon.


Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture.


Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Enjoy!


linking up at Women Living Well Wednesdays


Pin It


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...