11.02.2011

Priorities...and what I'm learning...


Last week, my reading of Lies Women Believe led me to Proverbs 31 again...which came at a much needed time.  Only this time, I noticed 2 verses that I've read before, but never realized what they mean together.

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens..." (vs 15)

"She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.  Her lamp does not go out at night." (vs 18)

The woman doesn't spend a whole lot of time sleeping.  Eh.  BUT...sleep is important for good health and mental stability, so getting a decent amount of sleep at night IS a good thing to do.  But still...I was convicted and have been pondering what this actually means, and what an appropriate balance looks like in MY life.

And then, my friend, Rachel, pointed out this verse...

"She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong..." (vs 17)

So...exercise was important to her too...  well that one's been at the bottom of the list for awhile now.

(And yes, obviously Rachel & I have been talking about and pondering the same things lately...she just got her blog post up before me! :-))

SO...  I've been taking a good look at what things are priorities and what things are not as important.  I'm still trying to figure out how to fit it all in the hours that I am given and also sleep enough to stay healthy.

What verses have you been reading for the first time again lately?


1 comment:

sherri lynn said...

ahh these are two verses I needed to hear! I seriously love my sleep.... I should probably sleep less and get up a little earlier to get a few more things done. And I haven't been exercising the last few weeks.... my arms are definitely not strong. Thanks for sharing this challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...