11.20.2011

12 Days of Birthday: Days 12, 11, 10, and 9

Y'all...

I'm about to reveal 2 secrets...

The first, is that my parents are really, REALLY cool.

The second, is that I'm having a birthday soon, and it's kind of a "milestone year."  I am coming around to a season of gratitude about this birthday, despite some real struggles with it throughout the year.

I specifically requested that there be no big "hoopla" surrounding this and no surprise shendigs, etc.  Low-key is more of where I'm at currently, and I candidly asked family/friends to honor that request.  Mom & Dad, being the very thoughtful folks that they are, respectfully followed this desire, but also knowing how fun presents are, decided to spread out the birthday cheer a bit.  So, they came up with The 12 Days of Amanda's Birthday, in which I have a present to open each day leading up to the actual day, and I can't open it until after 9:59 AM each day as that was the time I was born.  So, yesterday, all 12 gifts arrived...and I was overwhelmed and then excited.

This is just too much fun to keep to myself, so I had to share with you all.  I plan to post each day to let you all in on the surprises...these will probably be bonus posts in addition to my regular posts.

Each gift is in a brightly colored bag with brightly colored tissue paper, and on 2 sides is a (different) photo of me as an infant and the approximate date that the photo was taken, along with the date I am supposed to open the gift and the corresponding #.  I thought about sharing all of the photos, but seeing as that would reveal more than just myself, decided to just share the gifts. :)

Day 12
 White Fudge Oreos and a new book...
(why hello late night snack attack and reading fest!)

Day 11
 2-sided Basket Inserts, Bags for gifting muffin/cookie mix, 
Fudge Minty Middle Cookies
(can't wait to try making these once I learn how to use my sewing machine...and oh...those cookies...
they're a celebration on their own!)

Day 10
Snowman plate and spreader, Christmas Travel Mug, and Starbucks Via
(it's christmas party & cheeseball time!  and oh, how I love coffee!)

Day 9
Gingerbread House Kit 
(looking forward to this fun family activity Thanksgiving weekend!!)

Thanks Mom and Dad for loving me in such a fun way and making my (sometimes dreaded) birthday pleasant and exciting.  

2 comments:

Nae and Clara said...

Love this idea. Happy early birthday!

Clara

LittleFisherMama said...

This is adorable!! Happy early birthday to you. May have to borrow this idea for my hubby. :o) We both have "milestone" years next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...