10.05.2011

Seasonal Decorating (on a budget)...

I love to decorate my home in accordance with the seasons. Autumn and Christmas are my favorites, but I also get excited about pulling out Spring and Summer decorations. In the 7 1/2 years that I've been married, I've collected a fair amount of Autumn decorations and I thought I'd share some of them with you, as well as a few tips on using inexpensive things in your decorating.

Here's a look at the simple centerpiece on our dining room table. I picked up the jar candles at the dollar store, and have been pleasantly surprised at the aroma. :) Most everything else were gifts, but if you watch for things like this at the end of the season, you can often find them for cheap 50-75% off prices.

I haven't decided how I feel about the fake leaf garland on the chandelier, but it's growing on me. I think I paid $1 or $2 for the garland, the first year we were married to go down the stair railing in our apartment. It's held up well for so little money invested in it.

This might be my favorite of all my decorations...my mom gave it to me, and I believe I am remembering correctly to say that she purchased it at the end of a season on clearance.

Here, I am incorporating normal vases into my Fall decorations. The glass pumpkin was a special deal that I found on clearance last year for $0.06 at Walmart. Yes...a penny and a nickel.

The books on the coffee table are just books that are normally on our shelf, but pull out the browns and oranges, and they become Fall books when mixed with the other decorations. :)

Before I was married, I used to order a lot from ABC Distributing. This set of dishes was one thing that I purchased. I have a place setting in red, blue, green, burnt orange. These are my decorating dishes... red, orange, green = Fall. green, red = Christmas. Red, Blue = 4th of July. You get the idea...

These hang on either side of my kitchen window. Both were gifts.

2 more of those $0.06 pumpkins, and a candle that was a gift from my brother-in-law. The left pumpkin contains Scarecrow Crunch, the recipe for which can be found HERE.

And, finally, the table where we usually eat...complete with Turkey placemats. I picked these up last year at a yard sale for $0.50 each. Speaking of yard sales...stay tuned for tomorrow's post. :-)

I'm linking up here today:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the idea of pulling out books with fall colors! Thanks for the tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...