4.26.2012

Rosemary Potatoes (and my newly organized closet!)


Mouth-watering.  Om, nom, nom.  I kinda have a "thing" for Rosemary Potatoes...kinda.  So, I tried a new recipe last night.  The original recipe is actually for Thyme Potatoes, but I rarely have Thyme (pun intended), so we go with Rosemary since we seem to have that in abundance right now.

BUT....before I get to more lovely pictures of potatoes and rosemary, let me show you what I've been working on this morning...  

You see, my daughter had a stomach bug (that apparently decided to infest MANY in our church) on Tuesday, and this morning I woke up feeling not quite myself.  This was probably due to the fact that it seems to take about 2 days for the bug to transfer and today would be day 2 since she had it, and I had definitely been exposed to it.  I needed something to occupy my mind so that I wouldn't sit around and think about how sick I was feeling.  Power of suggestion is a powerful thing, y'all.  So, naturally, I started cleaning out and reorganizing some closets.  I forgot to take a picture of the first one before, and after pictures just aren't any fun without the before pictures.  So, you just get to see one -- mine.


BEFORE:


 AFTER:


Mmm, love me some order.  I keep going back to my room and peeking in just to make sure it still looks the same and my clothes haven't disorganized themselves in some sort of revolt while I'm busy doing other things.

Okay...on to the "recipe" - which it really isn't -- no exact measurements on this one.

Wash potatoes...

Pat dry...

Cut into quarters (or smaller if you're using giant potatoes...)

Toss them in your best stockpot and cover about 1" with cold water

Add in a splash of white vinegar and a healthy amount of kosher salt. (ahem)

Bring potatoes to a good boil, and cook for about 5 minutes.

Drain Potatoes.  Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over potatoes, and sprinkle with pepper and more kosher salt; toss until all potatoes are covered. 


I love pictures of food.  I really do. (thus the reason for tomorrow's post)

Lay freshly snipped (and washed) sprigs of rosemary on top of potatoes (which have been transferred to a baking sheet)

Bake at 500* -- yes, 500*, for about 15 minutes; stir, and cook for 15 more minutes.

Discard rosemary, and serve those delectables...

Seriously, people...I was eating them off the pan. yum.

(Oh...and I'm feeling fine...but that's all I'm going to say about that, because those bugs have a way of listening and just when you say, "I think I'm in the clear" - they come out and GET YOU!)
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...