Today, I'd like to introduce you to one of my most-used kitchen tools:
My mixer...no, it is not a kitchen-aid, but it is an industrial mixer, and I love it. I often joke about my "love-affair" with my mixer and my crockpot (2nd most used kitchen tool).
A friend recently posted (on facebook) about some outside-the-box uses for her kitchen-aid mixer, and I thought it would make a great post to share with all of you. So, if you have a sturdy stand mixer, here's some new things for you to try...
- shredding chicken, using the dough hook
- mashed potatoes, using the pastry attachment
- whipping cream (or egg whites...)
- shredding (tender) beef roast or pork roast for BBQ
- mixing up meatloaf
- combining ingredients for your favorite cheeseball
- mixing ingredients for sausage balls
- making soap...like they do at Shenandoah Bath & Body
So -- do you have any to add to our list? Please leave them in the comments section!