12.06.2011

Tuesday Tips: Getting the most out of your mixer!

Today, I'd like to introduce you to one of my most-used kitchen tools:


My mixer...no, it is not a kitchen-aid, but it is an industrial mixer, and I love it.  I often joke about my "love-affair" with my mixer and my crockpot (2nd most used kitchen tool).

A friend recently posted (on facebook) about some outside-the-box uses for her kitchen-aid mixer, and I thought it would make a great post to share with all of you.  So, if you have a sturdy stand mixer, here's some new things for you to try...


  • shredding chicken, using the dough hook
  • mashed potatoes, using the pastry attachment
  • whipping cream (or egg whites...)
  • shredding (tender) beef roast or pork roast for BBQ
  • mixing up meatloaf
  • combining ingredients for your favorite cheeseball
  • mixing ingredients for sausage balls
  • making soap...like they do at Shenandoah Bath & Body

So -- do you have any to add to our list?  Please leave them in the comments section!

1 comment:

sherri lynn said...

Oh I've never thought to use my mixer to shred chicken - that's brilliant! I do love using it to mix up my meatloaf and sausage ball ingredients though. Anything to avoid touching that raw meat! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...