11.22.2011

Tuesday Tips: my garbage bowl

I love to watch cooking shows...but I have to be careful, because they sometimes make me discontent and they make me very aware of my "needs." You know...I need a Cuisinart Food Processor, I need a new set of knives, I need another grater like that one, I need a cool garbage bowl like Rachael Ray...

The garbage bowl idea is fabulous...and I was really tempted to buy one of these...


And, while I still think they're really cool, the truth was...I didn't need one. The principle is great though, so I looked in my cabinet and found this (very functional) bowl.


And now, when I'm cooking (especially making salads, or other dishes involving cutting/chopping or other garbage producing activities), I usually have the bowl on the counter to put the garbage in... It's just a little bit of time that it shaves off from having to head over to the garbage can (or bring the garbage can to me), but it sure does feel like a lot more. And...it seems less gross.



Do you have a garbage bowl?

1 comment:

Lucka said...

I use a garbage bowl. Especially when I work with veggies and fruits. That way I can just take all of it to our rabbit once I'm done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...