I wanted to participate in Courtney's Blog Bash 2011 over at Women Living Well. I love reading Courtney's blog and it's always fun to find other bloggers that you like as well. The Blog Bash is a place where bloggers can link up their blogs and peruse other blogs. Courtney recommended doing a biography sort of post, so that is what this is. I'm not including any pictures of myself, because you can see on my side bar what I look like. This is more to tell you what I'm like...
A completely random list...because...I like to be random (#1). :-)
(a few) Things I Like:
- a little coffee with my cream (flavored cream that is...pumpkin spice, peppermint mocha...)
- washing dishes (but NOT drying dishes or putting them away)
- sorting, starting, folding laundry (but NOT putting it away)
- romantic comedies. my movie genre of choice.
- peanut butter, chocolate, cheesecake. individually...or together.
- playing the piano (you can tell my mood by what I play...usually)
- stirring a pot of something simmering on the stove...I'm an obsessive stirrer.
- the beach
- salt and vinegar potato chips after swimming
- dark beer and coffee. mixed. with a rich piece of carrot cake and cream cheese frosting.
- blue ink
- surprising my family by being random and silly
Things I don't like:
- fruit in my salad
- dumping ice trays
- emotional manipulation
- leaving out verses of hymns
- static on radio or "snow" on TV...drives me crazy.
- people who are whiny
These were random lists that I thought of while working around the house one day. Here's a bit more of a glimpse into my personality...
I rarely wash my face before bed...I'm trying to get in a better habit of this. I love a good sharpie. I've never seen a Star Wars movie. I don't care for cilantro, kiwi, or slimy seafood (oysters, scallops...). I love a good glass of Reisling or Merlot, but my all time favorite wine is Tail-Gate Red. When I sneeze, it is 6 or 8 times in a row...and usually in the morning.
Okay -- as for WHO I am...
I have been married for 7.5 years to the man that God made perfectly for me. He is my best friend, and I realize more each day how blessed I am to have him in my life. I am mommy to the sweetest little 2 year old girl in the world. My life is changed because of her. She is a true delight! I have 2 babies waiting for me in Heaven. I love being a SAHM and still feel like I'm playing house. Homemaking, Mothering, and Wife-ing are my favorite things to do. I love to cook, clean, do laundry, garden, and all other aspects of running a home. I find joy and laughter in the little things and am trying to live as much as possible IN the moment...each and every one.
This blog is about my adventures in all of these roles that I seek to fill each day (by His grace and for His glory!). I love to read blogs and always find it interesting, helpful, insightful what others in my same life situation are doing, so I hope to be of some help to others as well. But, if not, it's a fun way for out of town friends and family to sort of keep up with what's going on in our lives.
I guess that about sums it up -- there's much more I could add, but look around the blog a little and you might find out a little more... I love to read, and from my reading list, you'll get a pretty good idea of my interests. Check out my pinterest boards and you'll see what my tastes are.
Thanks for reading or stopping by. Hope you will come back! :)
PS -- don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE to win a $10 Starbucks gift card!