10.20.2011

Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving in Trials...

Thank you all for your prayers for my friend.  She is resting in the arms of Jesus now.


Today, it is hard to be thankful and yet, once I started writing, the thanks just kept coming.  I stopped when I got to the bottom of my page, but I could have kept going.

- the legacy of a beautiful mother
- her 15 year old daughter, wise & faithful beyond her years
- many, many people to love, support, and pray for the family left behind
- a mother meeting her 7 babies waiting for her in Heaven
- a wise friend who knows the pain, loves you, and tells you so.
- the peace that eternal life has been secured
- grace to handle the trials of everyday
- a little girl to snuggle when the world seems bleak
- memories that seem like dreams of an enchanted beach vacation
- pictures that prove its reality
- a little girl remembering bits of said trip throughout the days
- a warm home, with precious souls within, feeling cozy together in the candlelight
- the thoughtfulness of a friend in sending some new "fall" music
- the comfort to my soul of hymns played on piano
- the same friend sending a beautiful journal for me to record all these precious gifts



May we never, ever grow weary of giving thanks.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...